How many wives is a Hindu man permitted?
It was only in 1954 that the Indian Constitution passed a law, as the Hindu Marraige Act that a hindu can marry only one. Otherwise before that polygamy was allowed,
In a survey, there were more hindus with many wives as compared to muslims. Hindus should fight for their right according to hindu scriptures. And practically, there are more females than males, so where would the rest of the females marry. Thousands of females die every year due female foeticide and infanticide, which further decreases the female population.
The female population in India, barring Kerala, is less (I should say seriously less) than the male population. Under the circumstances, polygamy does not make any sense in India. And the so called law prohibits it, which is total fabrication to keep Hindu’s under control., and I reject the Law.
- How Many Hindus Are There In the US? (samhindu.wordpress.com)
- Hindu population set to fall below 80% in Census 2011 (hindulinebengal.wordpress.com)
- What is a sanskrit and why is it important to hindus (wiki.answers.com)
- Ancient Hindu / Hindustan Aircraft Technology (via Santosh Bhatt’s Blog) (santoshbhatt.wordpress.com)
- Polygyny and the Single Girl: Why Do Women Have Children with Married Men? (psychologytoday.com)
Filed under: English, Freedom of speech, Hindu, India, LOVE, Polygumy, Sam Hindu, Some Times By : Sam Hindu, SOME TIMES BY ; SAM HINDU, Vedic Time, woman in vedic time, World Religions | Tagged: Constitution of India, Demographics of India, Himalayas, Hindu, Hindu texts, India, Kerala, Krishna, Marriage, Polygamy, RAMA, Sex-selective abortion | 6 Comments »